
Barely bumpin'
YAY! I hit my half way mark. We are officially 20 weeks {and counting}! I know I promised baby bump pictures a while ago, but this really is the first chance I've had. Plus, you wouldn't have been able to see anything before. This week however, each day I woke up thinking.. I think I'm bigger than I was yesterday.. that happens 7 days in a row, you are bound to be able to get some lovely baby bump pictures! Kevin was such a sport taking these. I knew exactly what I wanted, so I he had to be patient as I directed the shoot from the wrong side of the camera! He did great though. He did what I wanted, despite the fact that I may have inhibited his creativity.
So here's the short amount of stats that I have...
- 20 weeks
- gained 4 lbs
- still wearing normal clothes, but slowly introducing maternity shirts
- not feeling sick anymore
- always hungry
- cravings are: New York Cheesecake from Junior's or Carnegie Deli, brownies and ice cream, spinach, nuts, dried fruits and anything made from tomatoes.
- starting to feel uncomfortable when sleeping...
While we were taking the photos, Kaniela was off playing. All of a sudden he came up and wrapped his arms around me. Luckily, Kevin is quick and we got some really cute candid pics with him in them. I totally treasure these, because I don't know when I would ever be able to re-create that moment...

this one is my favorite from the shoot!

I'm going to get sentimental for a minute. Can I tell you why I love this picture?
Growing up, I always wanted to have a boy first. The reason was, I wanted all my younger kids to have an oldest brother like I do, to take care of them, tease them, stand up for them, and be an amazing example. I thought, anyone would be so lucky to have a an oldest brother like I do. Little did I know, Kevin felt the same way. We discovered this after we were married. We both have AMAZING oldest brothers, and wanted our kids to have that.
I know Kaniela is going to be an awesome big brother. I can tell by the way he treats other babies and the way he always wants to kiss baby, drive his little cars over baby and tickles baby. We are lucky he has two uncles that are great examples of how to be an awesome big brother.
This picture makes my mommy heart just melt. It is so precious to see his little hand holding my belly, and to feel him come up from behind and 'try' to wrap his arms around baby was so cute and special. I'm glad I have this picture, it will help me always remember that moment.
5 comments:
C! These are amazing! Completely priceless and precious. A true treasure. Congrats on half way! You are adorable!
Yeah! I love the pictures too. Congrats. When is the due date?
Ooooo So Cute C! Love your baby bump. Also LOVE the "bog brothers hand" pic! Too cute!
Hey - those are great pics! Haven't seen you guys in a few so we need to get together. Humbled by the oldest bro comments - you've got a stud of a chonan (oldest bro) - Kaniela's gonna be great!
On that last picture, I want to know just how far around his other hand is able to reach to. :)
Post a Comment