Have you ever looked at the front of a book, where they dedicate the book to someone. Well I thought, why can't you dedicate a blog post to someone? I don't know, unless there some unwritten blog laws that I don't know about. I hope not, because if there is...
this lady ----------------------------------->
has for sure broken them!
This is my friend Lexi. Lexi and I actually went to High School together. We had AP Psych together. But we didn't start hanging out until our Freshman year at Snow College. There were 4 of us.. We basically hung out all the time.. I know your thinking, except when you were in class, well no, because we didn't really go to class... We didn't sleep either. We were very well known for our HUGE maverick mugs, that we would go refill for 27 cents, with Mt. Dew, in the middle of the night. Maverick was the only thing open 24 hours in Ephraim. It's right by the one stop light.
Anyways, we were always together.
One time on Valentine's Day, Lexi and I decided to stay in bed and watch 'Meet Joe Black' all day.. I think we got out of bed to get ice cream once. It was fun.
I haven't really talked to Lexi for a long time, in fact, I can't really remember the last time we talked. We make comments and stuff on each others FB and blogs and stuff; we keep track of each other like the rest of our generation, through blogs and facebook. I know what's going on in her life, because of her blog. I know that her bathroom ceilings are gray, because of this one, and I know that she has a new kitchen table because of this one. Mostly, I know she's a great mom, because of ... well there's too many to link. Lexi's blog is one I check very often, I love reading her stories.
So the other day, I was packing up a bunch of stuff (did I tell you we are moving...) and I found some Snow College pictures. I found some of me and Lexi and thought.. "I'm going to share some thoughts about Lexi."
Sorry Lex if you get mad at me for telling people this, but it just has to be said. Ok here goes... Lexi is Super Woman.. I know, I know.. I was surprised too, when I found out. But she is. I am constantly amazed by her life. She has so much going on, and yet still has time to play pranks on her husband... (go here and here for more information on that). What I love most about Lexi's blog is when she tells awesome stories about her 4 awesome kids. She always is making me laugh with her witty comments and off the wall stories.
I guess what I want this post to be about (besides my friend Lexi) is that when you are 18 or 19 years old, you don't really have a clue what is going to happen in the next 10 years. I think it is great that I can watch the people I used to make midnight runs Denny's with, be these AMAZING people and more than AMAZING moms. Lexi is for sure one of those people...
If you want to see how funny this lady really is, check out her blog... She really is funny, I promise.
And thanks Lex, for being such a great example, still, to me! I still want to be like you when I grow up!
1 comment:
Thanks, C! I'm not superwoman. If you saw my house or smelled my body- you'd realize as much. Thanks for the shout out. I'm so glad that we have blogs and facebook because I SUCK at keeping up with people. I follow your blog closely, too. You are superwoman and I'm SO excited for your new baby!
Post a Comment