Thursday, July 3, 2008

My new obsession...

So you know how you're always told that when you set a goal, you should write it down to be a reminder to you. So I've done that numerous times, and it hasn't really worked for me. What I've decided to do, is to write a few of them down in a public setting to provide more pressure for me to fulfill them.

As some of you will already know, last year, my wife, myself and a few of our friends decided that we were going to run a half-marathon. Upon beginning my training, I had the unfortunate (well maybe fortunate depending on who you ask) event of spraining my knee in a snowboarding accident. Ever since then, I haven't been anywhere near as active as I have been in the past. I'll also blame the Ad Lab a little for that too, I spend a heck of a lot of my time in their. Anyways, I have a new obsession, and I think that it's going to help me with my goals.....I love Nike+..... I recently realized something about myself. I love building stats! Ask my wife, I used to spend hours late at night playing NCAA football on my PS2....it even got to the point where no matter what, the teams weren't a challenge anymore, it was simply for me to build the stats on one of my players. Well Nike+ lets me be that player.

Anyways...here are my goals that I expect all of you to hold me to.
1. I am going to run the Moab half-marathon in March in under 2:30:00...I know that sounds slow, but if you've ever seen me run you'll know why.
2. I am going to drop my weight down to 210....right now I could be anywhere between 230-250...I haven't had a scale here in NYC.

I know, I know.... it's kind of lame for me to put this out in front of everyone (especially after I've failed on both initial tries for these goals), but I hope that at least some of you will hold me liable. And hey, if there are any of you out there on Nike+..... send me a challenge! Plus, I've got the coolest Nike+ mini!

No comments: