Saturday, June 28, 2008

More Fun in NYC!

This past week, we've had a few friends of our staying with us. My buddy Mike, and his cousin Brett, who oddly enough was one of my freshman roommates were with us for a few days and we had a blast. It was fun for Cea because she had people to hang out with during the day. Since we're here for such a short time and I'm at work all day Cea usually has to find things to do on her own, but because they were with us, she was able to hang out with them. It helps that she thinks Mike is one of the funniest guys alive (which he kind of is). Anyways, one of the places that they went to was the statue of liberty, and I just love this picture of Cea in front of her. They also went to the Empire State Building, and got burgers and a shake from the famous Shake Shack. There are other pictures of their little adventure that you can see on our Picasa link in the side bar. Needless to say, it was fun for Cea to explore with friends. By the way, don't you love her dress. She got it from one of the those clothes vendors on the street and actually talked him down on the price about $5...I was pretty impressed.

Last weekend we were also able to make it to the Museum of National History, and these are just a few pictures from my favorite exhibit there. If you can't read the sign that I'm pointing at, it says, "Hall of Pacific Peoples". It was a rather small exhibit, top floor, back corner and next to the Neanderthals exhibit (Cea jokingly said that they were keeping similar cultures close together), but one that had a lot of history in it. It was especially nice because I understood a lot of the history, so many of the pieces there had a lot more meaning. One of the really cool pieces was a cloak that the Ali'i used to wear. Anyways, hope that you enjoy our pictures.

2 comments:

Micah Rae said...

Fun... I am jealous that you live in NYC... I want to come visit you.

Micah Rae said...

Fun.... do we get to see you in the 5th?