Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Kaniela!!!

Wow! What a crazy month we've had. We've been SUPER busy and I can't even begin to tell you what we've been able to do. But that is for a later day! First things first, Kaniela is now 1!! I can not believe it's been a year since he came into our lives. What an amazingly fun year it's been. Traditionally, the first birthday is huge! So we decided to have the best Lu'au, that we could.. Considering we have no beach, sand and it's freezing outside!
First, I must say that I have an AMAZING family.. both of them. My Sisters came up from California and Arizona, and it was because of them this thing was so amazing. They really did most of it, and they did such an amazing job. My Dad did all the construction work, and he is also amazing; all I have to do is call and say, "Dad I need some tiki huts."
He always responds with, "OK!"
So having Sisters that have the most creative minds in the world, and a Dad that can build whatever you need... Here's what you get!

The above flowers turned out being SOOO cute, we worked on them all week. We ended up making 71 and they were the best centerpieces. My Nana even helped a ton with them!

Kevin did ALL the cooking, and I must say, I think that was the hit.. Everyone LOVED the food!

My favorite part of the whole party, was the volcano! It was the best, and the brain child of my AMAZING sister Jacki! (of course, she comes up with all the good ideas)... You can't tell in this picture, but it had a strobe light it in.. It really was sooo amazing!

Kaniela had such a great time, he fell asleep right in the middle of the party.. Thankfully Uncle Steve, was willing to hold him!

We of course had a show, with some beautiful dancers... They did a beautiful job!

and some not so beautiful, but very funny, Haka dancers...


Thank you to everyone who helped. It was definitely a BIG group effort, and everyone who helped, we couldn't have done it with out you! We are so lucky to have such great and talented families. Thanks everyone and of course....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KANIELA!!!

3 comments:

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

oh my goodness! this is awesome! the best looking party i've ever seen! great job. i can't decide what my favorite part is... but i think it'll have to be the waves and volcano!
happy birthday lil' man!

Ashley and Bryan said...

That is the most amazing party! I can't believe he is already one!

The Keala's said...

AMAZING!! It turned out SO great! The lengths we go to for our kids :) I might be paying your family to come decorate for our next bday party!!