I know, "first impressions" is very cliche, but very appropriate at the moment. I arrived in New York this morning (Cea is coming up later due to a family wedding....congratulations Erica). My only other time to New York was when I came up in March to interview. I was here for just over 24 hours, and I was thinking so much about the interview, that it was hard for me to really soak it in. After getting settled into the apartment this morning, I went out for a few hours to catch some fresh air. I spent a few hours walking around Central Park. What an amazing place. Central park was full of shows, concerts, runners, bikers, sun-bathers, and people doing a variety of other things.
If I had to sum up my first impressions in a few words, they would be: big, eclectic, fast and stimulating.
There is so much diversity here in NYC, so much to see (and it all moves so fast), and so much to soak in. It kind of reminds me of being in Berkeley as a missionary, but NYC is like Berkeley on steroids.
Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about what lies ahead. The internship is going to be so much fun, and combined with the fact that it is in New York.... it is going definitely going to be one of the highlights of my young little life.
I promised myself today that I would keep a journal of the things that I see, do and learn while here in the Big Apple. I may include some of it in the blog... if these posts don't bore you, come back often to see what's going on. If they do bore you and you just like the pictures... still come back, I love having you.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you made it safely and am so excited for you and Cea, and this amazing experience ahead of you. It was great to see you a few days ago. I'm glad to know you have a blog. It really is a fun way to journal, and keep people updated on what's happening in your life. I'll be checking in.
Love ya
Erin
Post a Comment