Friday, March 5, 2010
My First Year...
So today I was looking through the Pottery Barn Kids mag.. (Can you say COVET?!!) and they had this super cute frame that had 13 places to put a pic for each month. I thought that was such a cute idea; I decided to try it. It was so fun going through all of Kaniela's pictures and picking out only 13 out of the thousands we have. Lately, I've been feeling really nostalgic about my baby growing up, I feel like he's quickly moving into being a little boy, so looking at all those newborn pics really didn't make it better. I can not believe how fast he grows... I know, I know he's only one.. But it makes me really remember that I need to really ENJOY this time.. Enjoy when he gets into everything, enjoy that he wants to either be held or hold your hand everywhere.. Enjoy that he still loves me so much that he can not go a whole night with out seeing me, enjoy that he talks to me NON-STOP, enjoy that he needs me to do EVERYTHING for him, enjoy that I can still catch him, enjoy the way he smells when he gets out of the bath, enjoy the moments he falls asleep on me, enjoy that he won't let me do anything productive (work on the computer, read a book, clean), enjoy that he loves to help unload the dishwasher (even if I'm trying to load it), ... Just enjoy having this amazingly sweet and good, cutest little Kaniela! Most of all, I'm going to enjoy TODAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What are you doing up at 1:37 am??? What a sweet blog -- you've sure got it right! How did you KNOW THAT?? :) LOVE the pictures -- what a fun year. Love ya'll! mom <3
So at first I could have sworn I was reading something Christy wrote. She's the one always saying he grows up so fast. But towards the end I just teared up. (At work btw, thank you very much) I wrote something about being a father not too long ago and what you wrote really resonated with me. But anyways, we saw something similar to what you did with Kaniela's pictures at Michael's, a frame with thirteen spots. We were planning on doing the same thing. Christy has me take pictures of Conner on our ugly recliner every month, so we probably won't have to look through too many pics. Great job on the ones you picked out, I feel like I already know his personality just from all the pictures you guys show.
Awww... I love his little face. Hasn't changed all that much. That's a good thing.
Good thing you are practicing because I decided yeseterday you should take my maternity pictures (whenever that will happen, not now, not an announcement.) And newborn...
This is so true. They grow up way too fast. Sometimes parenting (not getting anything done) can be incredibly frustrating but it will be over before we know it and then we will seriously miss having to do everything for them. This is so sweet and your little boy is such a doll. I love all his cute pictures.
Post a Comment