Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A question for the Hawaiians...


Okay, so you don't have to be Hawaiian to answer this question, you could be Hawaiian at heart, but it's aimed mostly at the Hawaiians.

A little background first. There are so many of us that want to get back to the islands someday. For the time being though, many of us have settled in the mainland for one reason or another. We all however can agree with the comment, "Boy do I miss the islands!"

Have you ever had those days where you are so nostalgic for home, for the feeling of the islands? I know that I get them quiet often... too bad there's not much that I can do about it.

So this is where my question and plead for help comes along. My brother Raymond and I want to give the "mainland trapped locals" an opportunity to stay better connected to home. We want to start a blog that talks about local life, allows you to reminisce on the hanabada days (only the true locals will know what that means :P ), and allows you to feel better connected to the aloha spirit. I have a few questions:

1. What would you want to read on a blog like that?
2. What would keep you coming back on a weekly basis?
3. Would you be willing to contribute?
4. Basically, I want to know your ideas....

We all love those times when we can get together with a group of locals. We want to be able to create that online.

If you'd like to respond (and I hope you all would), send your responses to my email at:

kevinkwunder@gmail.com

I hope to hear from you soon. Send this link to your friends, we want to hear their feedback too, and keep your eyes out for the blog.

Mahalo nui loa,
Kev

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I know... local kine grindz (recipes), surf/weather (rss feed, or whatever), and Interisland Sports (state brackets, big wins, etc.). Interesting Local news articles... Sounds like fun!