Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Oh the Fun of Technology...


I love technology. I am amazed at what technology allows a simple minded little (okay, not little) Hawaii kid to do. I've loved learning to work with the Adobe Creative Suite, try my hand at digital photography and even try to learn to design websites. But these last few days, my "fun" with technology must be stated with a matter of sarcasm.

It is so fun to be on the phone for two and a half hours today trying to figure out why my Adobe Suite all of a sudden pooped on me. Thank goodness for Ann from Portland, OR who finally figured out how to help me...now I just have to go home and do everything (I had talked with seriously six other representatives from Adobe previous).

It is so fun to be on the phone for an hour and a half Saturday night with an HP representative trying to figure out why our brand new printer wasn't working...come to find out that there was a hardware problem...thank goodness for return policies.

Wish me luck that tonight everything works out the way that it's supposed to with my Adobe Suite so that I can get back to the real "fun" with technology. Cea and I have all these little projects we're trying to work on, and once I can get my computer up and working....we'll be good to go!

I'm really not sarcastic...it was actually hilarious today how many times I stated my name and customer ID number on the phone. Everyone around me in school was getting a kick out of it.

1 comment:

Will said...

LOL. isn't it grand.