Sunday, November 1, 2009

DUUUUDE!! That's the cutest Turtle (Honu) EVER!

We had a great and memorable first Halloween with Kaniela! The best part, of course, was that he made the cutest little turtle!I didn't really want to take Kaniela trick-or-treating, because really, he's not going to eat it, and I didn't really want all the candy; so, I decided that we were going to make treats and take them around to people. So I spent the whole morning and afternoon doing that. I attempted something that I had never attempted before, and it wasn't as easy as I anticipated.... SOOO, it took a little longer than I thought. I think next time I try something new, I better start the week before, just to learn all the tricks. I better start working on Kaniela's birthday cake now huh?! But they turned out pretty cute!

These are cake pops. I got the idea from bakerella. My favorites ended up being the Jack Skeletons. (If you decide to make these, let me know, I'll tell you the tips that I figured out during the making process.) The little marshmallows are mummies and then below, are little witches hats!

So I accidentally left our camera in CA when I was there a couple weeks ago. SOOO, we had to make due with our little camera. BUT I did take a video so you can see the WHOLE costume.


Hope you all had a great Halloween!! Can't wait to see all your post!

7 comments:

Will said...

digging the turtle outfit!!!

Jenn Miyamoto said...

Love it! That's hilarious how he scoots in the beginning.

Mandee Shaffer said...

Ican't stop laughing. He is SOOO CUTE! OH MY GOSH!

Jacki Rich said...

We were laughing so hard when he started scooting.. that was soooo cute!! You did an amazing job!!!! I am so impressed. Halloween is so fun huh?

Anonymous said...

I love the way he hugs and pats his VERY soft little tummy!!! <3

Natasha said...

Seriously, I knew you were smart, talented, and creative, but this whole professional baker and decorator thing is news to me. Way to go! The owls are to die for. The witches hats, mummies, and skeletons are adorable. And Kani, of course, is best of all.

Natasha said...

He is so adorable. I love the costume!! I love where he is like scooting on his butt too. I also wanted to send you a comment to tell you I set my blog to private. Not sure how it works since you were a follower but I think I may need your e-mail to send you an invite to read. My e-mail is Tashiebaby5@hotmail.com. Send me your e-mail when you have a second. Glad you guys had such a fun Halloween.