Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Enjoying the big apple...

Cea and I have been here for a week, and I'm happy to report that we're both still alive and kicking. The internship is treating me great. I love the culture and approach that Lowe has as an agency, and am already beginning to learn a great amount. My supervisor is very helpful and great and helping me stay in the loop with what is going on. The position that I'm interning in works on various different accounts, and it has been fun looking at the work that has already been done and that I'm going to hopefully help out with. I am interning with a great group of interns and am excited to work with all of them this summer. As a welcome activity, Lowe took all of us on a sailboat ride on the Hudson. We got to see the Statue of Liberty, and it was good to be on the water again. Granted, the Hudson is nothing like the Pacific Ocean and I'm more used to straddling a board than riding a boat, but floating on water none-the-less is a great feeling.

Cea has been enjoying her time here as well. She has been trying to apply for jobs, but it's difficult since we are only going to be here for two months. So we think she may just end up having a fun vacation (which she really deserves after finishing school). She's been spending much of her time seeing the sites and walking around New York. She is finding amazing deals on clothes and shoes (does that surprise any of you who really know C?) and is on the quest to crown the best cheesecake in the city. That means that I get to go with her and try cheesecake at every place we can find (I'll be sure to keep you all up to date on her findings). She's so excited because tomorrow she is goingto the filming of a Regis and Kelly Show... she's always wanted to do that.

So needless to say she is playing as hard as I'm working. It's been fun for both of us, and I'm glad that she doesn't have to worry about working and can enjoy the city. She also has time to clean the house, do the dishes, and dinner is always ready by the time I get home...lucky me :)!!!! With both of us being at school for the last two years, our house has never been consistently this clean (ask my sister Becky she knows). She's done a great job at making the apartment really feel like a home, which is a great break from the busy city outside....Thanks Honey!

We'll continue to update if you keep on wundering back!

1 comment:

Kea said...

Wow, New York! What a great experience. Troy and I are planning on going in April...too bad this is just an internship...maybe you'll be there when we're there and we can hang out. Oooooh.