Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Cold Week in New York

New York, New York....

I just got back from a four day, super cold trip to New York. Thanks to Jeff and BYU for giving me a chance to get back to the city. Jeff took three of us to New York to meet with a few clients, particularly The Ad Council and UNICEF, and also visit various agencies in hopes to open up internship opportunities for our program and to network with various people. It was so much fun and so great to get back to the city. We were able to visit a bunch of great agencies and learn from many talented and experienced professionals. A great thanks to those who took time out of their busy days to mentor and meet with us, as well as to Jeff, Jessica and Kaisha for a fun week. To all my buddies at Lowe, sorry that we weren't able to make it by...it was busy. Here are some fun pictures to serve as a snapshot of what we did.

Here's our BYU group in the lobby of TBWA/Chiat/Day/. Visiting the agencies really helped me get a better perspective on the industry. There were many generous professionals who took time to answer our questions, give advice and listen to what our program has to offer in terms of internships and projects. I wish I could have taken pictures of all the agencies, but no such luck. We were also able to meet with Hill Holiday, Strawberry Frog, Toy, Droga 5, Euro RSCG, Saatchi & Saatchi, AKQA, and Cindy Gallup, a former head at BBH. It was great to learn from all of them and to see the philosophy of advertising at various agencies.
One thing I love about the ciy are sites like this. I am just amazed at the way that buildings and walls are turned into pieces of art. I remember watching a show that talked about how in movies, New York is a character all on its own. I think that it's places like this that add to the personality of the city.
This shot was taken on the top of Saatchi & Saatchi's building. They have a running track on the roof for their employees to use at work. They have a great view of Downtown and the Hudson. It's pretty rare to get pictures from on top a building like this.
Nike Town....what a wonderful place. As many of you know, we've done work in the past with NIKEiD, and this is standing outside their NIKEiD Studio. On the first floor of Nike Town, they used to have the ads that we contributed to plastered all over the place.

Of course there was room for fun. Jes and Kaisha entertained crowds of people with their Big Piano and dancing skills. We were able to see the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes, cruise Time's Square, eat great food and see old friends. Lastly, I'm sure that I'll get another post in before Thanksgiving, but wanted to wish everyone an early Happy Thanksgiving with this Turkey made of chocolate courtesy of Jacques Torres. As always, thanks for reading and come back soon.

2 comments:

Russ said...

What a fun post! This is ole sister milner, served in your parents ward a while ago. anyway, I enjoyed reading about your trip!

Kaisha De La Mare said...

That was so much fun. Crazy week I think is an understatement.