Mahalo, gracias, fa'afetai, danke, merci, domo arrigato, thank you.
Yes, it is that time of the year. Lest we all forget, sandwiched between Halloween and Christmas is Thanksgiving. It's funny how the day after Halloween, radio stations start playing exclusively Christmas music, decorations are hung up, and Christmas shopping begins. It's unfortunate to me that Thanksgiving is cheated out of the attention it deserves.
Enough of my soapbox. In my attempt to give Thanksgiving the attention it deserves, here's my gratitude list for the holiday:
1. A loving wife who understands me and accepts me for my weaknesses and magnifies my strengths. As cliche as this sounds, I'm so glad to have married my best friend.
2. A son that is quickly growing in Cea's tummy. He is so much fun, and I'm growing to love him so much. He misses his Daddy when I'm not around, and is always excited when I'm around (believe me, he really is...Cea said that when I was in New York he didn't move much, but when I got home he was going wild).
3. Great family. I don't know what I'd do without such a great support network.
4. Wonderful friends and mentors. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by great friends and mentors.
5. A loving Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ
6. Health, Home and Freedom
7. The opportunity I have to get an education
8. Technology that allows me to blog and you to read
9. Lastly....people...they make life so much more interesting
That's what I'm grateful for, what about you? Have a Happy Thanksgiving, eat lots of turkey, play and watch lots of football, and if you're traveling....be safe!
No comments:
Post a Comment