Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Feeling patriotic...



Patriotism is a wonderful thing. I feel like we take for granted the rights and privileges that we have in our country. Presidential elections are an interesting time in our country. Politics seem to polarize people more than anything else. It makes people fanatic.

I remember when I was a missionary, I was in Berkeley during the 2004 Presidential Election, and I when Kerry lost, I thought that I had a target on my chest instead of a little black name tag...and I didn't even vote.

Well in hopes to relieve some of the post Presidential friction (whether you are a McCain or Obama supporter you have to admit that there has been a lot of political friction and there will probably continue to be) I decided that I'd post something patriotic that we all love. Because let's be honest, this video has three of America's favorite things:

1. Our National Anthem
2. A sweet and classic voice
3. Basketball

So sit back, smile and enjoy the video. Again, Nike outdoes itself (aren't they such an awesome company), and Ron if you're reading this....you're right, Marvin Gaye did sing the best rendition of our national anthem.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS SWEET!!

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS SWEET!!!