Tuesday, January 25, 2011

heart beats.

I wanted to be better about blogging about this pregnancy. I think it's because, I'm not very good at keeping a journal, and so at least I will have some record of what is going on in our lives. I had my second prenatal appointment today and here's what's going on:
  • I am at 13 weeks.
  • I have lost 3 pounds, mostly because I don't really have an appetite.
  • I do have enough energy to get back to the gym! Yay!
  • Totally falling in love with baby girl stuff.. (is that a sign or desire.. hmmmm?)
  • Starting to feel a little flabby, but no one else can tell, which is good.
Dr. Rees says, everything is on track and we are nice and boring; which according to him is a good thing.

Just waiting (and getting the lighting in the room)

I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. Doctor said it sounds nice and strong.. and there's only one.. whew! I must say, it's kinda a weird feeling to have that device up to your lower abdomen, and yet hear a heartbeat.. Kinda weird, but really cool!



4 comments:

Mandee Shaffer said...

YOU HAVE TO HAVE A GIRL! YOU HAVE TO! I want a little girl version of Kaniela! Hooray hooray hooray!
I love you!

Edwin Mercado said...

Didn't know you were expecting another one. Congratulations.

Trisha said...

Congratulations!!!! So happy for you guys!!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats C! The only one of my babies that I lost weight with was my girl...so that says something. But really nothing...

I'm excited for you. Babies are fun. Siblings are awesome.