Even though I'm not the best blogger, I really like reading blogs.
Almost daily I get up, get my cereal, go sit at my computer, check my facebook, email, then blog (in that order).
At the blog I continue to read amazing stories about my friends, and their lives. Every once in a while, if my friends haven't updated their blogs, I click on one of their friends, and then maybe one of theirs.. I believe it's called blog stalking.. yes, I've been known to blog stalk. It's kind of a fun past time. Maybe I have a little voyeur in me.. But whatever, that's what they are there for right!?
I really enjoy reading about peoples lives and the things that make them happy.
When I read about someone's birthing story, or how they made their new babies blessing dress, or how they had a fun Family Home Evening the other night and wanted to share it with everyone, or even the cute cupcakes they made for their toddlers birthday... I think about the things I should do better and more, like sewing and family home evening (not baking though, I do enough baking for all the blogs out there).
Reading about those things is not out of the ordinary though. They are just apart of my daily life. I never thought of them as out of the ordinary or unreal way of life. I like to read them because they show me good ideas for my family home evening or my 2 years birthday party...
(Pause as I go get my sweet little 2 year old out of bed.. He's so sweetly babbling to himself.. He wants to watch Mickey Mouse, so it's on and I can maybe finish.)
Kevin teases me because I like to watch reality shows like The Housewives of New York, The Housewives of Beverly Hills, or Selling New York.. (I'm not changing the subject this all ties in). He asked me one day why I watch these shows. I thought about it for a while. I wasn't sure right away. But as I thought about it, I found my answer. I told him it was because it's unreal to me that people live like that. I can't really comprehend their way of living, and to see people living like that, amazes me. Like spending $2,000 on a diamond necklace for your 4 year-old daughter for her birthday because, "Every little girl needs a big diamond for her fourth birthday." (yes that was what they said). It's hard for me to comprehend that people really do live like that...
Well, the other day I saw this article and wanted to blog about it. Then last night my friend had this on her blog, which made me more want to blog about this subject. You should really take a minute to read the second article. It is really interesting to see someone's point of view of all these 'Mormon Mommy Blogs' (that's what she calls them) that are so popular.
I think it's funny, and really cute. It fact it kind of made me tear up in parts. It made me proud. It made me proud to be apart of that 'culture'. My 'Mormon Mommy Blog' does not get thousands of visitors, and it's not popular. But it made proud for those who are popular and that they are proud to share their families and stories and testimonies with all everyone out in the whole webiverse (yes, i made that word up). My favorite part was when she talked about how on all these blogs, Moms and sisters are always coming to help with kids and cake decorating.... Hahaha! I love that. Mostly, because my Mom and sisters do that. I love our culture and I love that we can proudly share it with the world. Maybe we are a peculiar people, but according to the author at least we are a happy and blissful peculiar people.
Last thing I want to say, is way to go to all those 'Mormon Mommy Bloggers'... Keep up your fun stories, cute crafts, and fun fhe lessons... You never know who's reading...
-----------------------
Ok so, I have to add this, because It was so funny. So Kevin opened his laptop the other day, and this what he found.

Oh the joys of having a 2 year-old. I told Kaniela that I was going to keep a record of all the messes he made and things he destroyed, so when he complains about chores in a few years, I can show him the pictures and show him all the thing we cleaned up... So this is my first show of evidence. I didn't get a picture, but last night I cleaned up my brand-new (only used twice) blush that was crumbled all over the floor... Well I must go, I just heard a whole bag of goldfish dumped... sigh...
1 comment:
Hey, I enjoy blogging too. I always like to keep up on what is going on with peeps. So, I have a blog if you would like it just send me your address. I really enjoy reading yours.
Lisle
Post a Comment