Monday, October 20, 2008

Late nights, busy noses, hurting heads....


Who would have thought that a little (well not so little I guess) Hawaiian boy would be interested in marketing a fragrance. Well these past few weeks, I've been part of a competition for L'Oreal. Each year, they host a national brand management competition based around one of their brands and a new product for that brand. This year, it is based around a fragrance launch.

Basically, we're given a brief which consists of a brand and a market, and we analyze the market, the brand the consumer, the current product offering and we propose a product line, communications strategy and brand.

Over the last two years BYU teams have won the national competition, and this past year, a BYU team won the international competition. Needless to say expectations are high, and we're pretty busy.

I'm working on a team with two of my good friends, Tommy and Chris, and we've close to 24 hours or so in the last few days working on this stuff. If we make it to the next stage compete with our classmates here at BYU. The winner of the BYU competition goes on to compete in NYC. Whoever wins there, goes to Paris.

It's a ton of hard work, and we've racked our brains over this, but the pay-off is totally worth it...an amazing opportunity to work with a Fortune 100 company, a world class advertising agency and to travel to New York and Paris. Wish me luck!

To my BYU counterparts reading this blog....best of luck to you as well. We find out Friday if we make it to the next round. I'll be sure to let you know!

7 comments:

AJ Johnson: A Family Co said...

Best of luck my friend!

Courtney_Carolann said...

GOOD LUCK!!! i just know your going 2 win!! :]]

Courtney_Carolann said...

good Luck!! i just know your going to win!!

rubi said...

good luck!

Anonymous said...

little Hawaiian . . . ? You da' man, I have faith in you. Keep me posted!!

Stephen Montague said...

Boo Ya! I couldn't ever do it again. it'll go well

Kev said...

Thanks for the support, but no dice on this one....major bummer