Thursday, October 30, 2008

Resolutions

Everyone procrastinates their New Year's resolution. Well I decided that since I never really set them for 2008, that instead of saying that I'm procrastinating, I'll begin working on my 2009 resolutions. I guess that I'm hoping all of you will help keep me in check. Here are three:

1. Health and Weight. So as many of you already know, I've put on quite a bit of weight over the last few years. I wouldn't go as far to say that I am unhealthy, but I definitely am not in ideal health. Since we moved to our new apartment I've been able to make it back to the gym regularly. I'm there about 4 times a week. It's a great way to start off my day, and it feels great to be back in the gym. The goal: down to 200 by the end of next year. That's about 50lbs or so. Funny aside, Cea and I have a little bet going on...she told me that she wants to see if I can lose as many pounds as she puts on by the time she has Kaniela.

2. Running. Anyone who knows me knows that I find running to be labor. Despite my hate for it, I know that it is very healthy for me. Last year, Cea ran the Moab half marathon. I was supposed to run it, but due to a snowboarding knee injury, I wasn't able to train for it. This year, some of my friends and I are planning on running it. So that will be my first one, and the goal is to run two half marathons in 2009. Wish me luck!

3. Daddyhood. It has been such a fun experience to watch Kaniela grow and to see the cuteness of Cea's belly get stronger and stronger each day. I know there's really now way to measure it, but I want to be the best Daddy and husband that I can be. If any of you have advice... I'd love to hear it.


I'm sure there are more things that I'll want to accomplish in 2009, but these are the ones I want you to hold me to.

We sure do love you all, and want to say thanks again for visiting our blog!

2 comments:

Jacki Rich said...

I love changing traditions. Let start Resolutions from October to Oct. from now on!! I'm with ya.
Great Resolutions. I agree on the running thing. But there is an exuberance that comes from a great run or work out. KEEP IT GOING!!
Good luck with the cea thing.. I bet you'll take off more and she'll put on less!! even if Kani is a big boy!!
When we are there for Christmas you can head out on a run with Ron, he is at about 6 miles in about an hour. Pretty good for an old guy!
Love ya!
-Jacki

Kev said...

6 miles in an hour...crap I better start training, I can't have him beating me when he comes!