Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Meet our little boy....

Alright, so the day that everyone has been waiting for has arrived. Okay, maybe not everyone, but we've been pretty excited about it for a while now. Introducing you to the newest Wunder Boy. Meet Kaniela Loren Wunder. If we don't have a drastic change of heart, that will be his name.

Kaniela is hawaiian for Daniel. Daniel is a name that both our families really like....in fact we found out tonight that if I wasn't named Kevin, my mother would have named me Daniel. Kaniela is also my best friend's Hawaiian name. He doesn't know that we're naming our son Kaniela yet, we're actually telling him tomorrow night. I don't think he's ever read our blog before, so I think that the secret is safe until tomorrow night.

Loren is Cea's older brother who passed away 2 weeks after he was born. Loren was a twin brother to her older brother Lawrence. We loved that name, and no one else in the family had used it yet, so we wanted to preserve the name in the family. If Loren has the sense of humor that Lawrence has, then we're really hoping he's teaching little Kaniela a few lessons before he comes down.

So the lady who was doing our ultra sound asked us if we wanted to know the sex of the baby. We told her yes, and she pulled this image on the screen and said, "Okay, I want you to imagine that I've just placed the baby sitting down on a glass table and you're looking up from underneath. What is your baby?"

As you can tell....it is definitely a boy. We felt for a while that it was a boy. He is really active in Cea's belly, and it has been fun pressing on her tummy and having him kick or hit where we are pressing down. Whenever Cea puts any bit of pressure on her tummy, he quickly hits her as if to say, "I NEED MY SPACE!" (That's an inside joke between Cea and I that I think most of you know).

The rest of these shots are just some cool ones that she gave us of the baby. They are of his face, fingers, feet and his cute little ear.

Talk about an amazing experience. To see our child moving around in there was an awesome thing. One of the really funny things, is that anyone who knows my family very well knows the joke about my "flapping". The obvious way to tell that I'm tired and want to sleep, is to watch my feet. About 10 minutes before I go to sleep (and also 10 minutes before I wake up in the morning) I will flap my feet back and forth. The joke is that I am flying to and from dream land. Well today when we were doing the ultra sound, the doctor was trying to get a good shot of Kaniela's feet and she was having a hard time because he was flapping his feet. I'm so proud of him!

We hope that you enjoy the rest of the pictures. We think that they're pretty fun. Keep tuned for more updates.


I kind of like to think that this is Kaniela trying to give you a "shaka" and waving...look out world here I come!

13 comments:

Erin said...

Yay! Except I was totally expecting a GIRL!!! What a great surprise! Love his name and the meaning behind it, is it pronounced how it's spelled? Congratulations! You will both be amazing parents!

Mandee Shaffer said...

I can't believe it! Wow! I'm so touched you're using loren's name. I'm all teary eyed now. That is so beautiful! Thanks for being my awesome brother, Kevin. And thanks for taking care of my sissy. You guys are going to have the cutest little baby! I love you!

The Jeffs Family said...

Congrats--we love little boys around here! I love the name too--both our boys are named after family members. Aren't ultrasounds amazing--it was always so exciting being able to see the baby.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Congrats on the growing little boy! I will keep checking back for updates.

- Doug Larson

Jenn Miyamoto said...

Congratulations guys! We're excited for you and need to get together sometime!

Jenn Miyamoto said...

Congratulations guys! We're so excited for you and need to get together sometime!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you both!!! A little Wunder... Awe... Can't wait to meet him!

Micah Rae said...

CONGRATS KEV AND CEA...
and Yes Kevin I want to run it.... Count me in...

Natasha said...

Hey Kevin and C! Found your blog through someone else. I was so excited to find your blog and see your great news! Congratulations being a parent is great.

AJ Johnson: A Family Co said...

Hi kids! I didn't know you had a blog! Congrats on the little man!
Can't wait to meet him
Love, Jenn... tell Cea hi.

Will said...

congrats having a baby is incredible. you guys will be great parents.

The Bertagnoles said...

Congrats to you two!!! We are so excited about your baby boy! Boys are surely the best. :}We are super excited you are blogging so we can see your little family grow.

The Williams Family said...

Hey Kevin,
CONGRATULATIONS! Looking forward to parenthood is an amazing experience! I remember wondering what my baby would look like, if she'd be a cryer or layed back, if she'd be a good sleeper or a night owl...all that good stuff =). One bit of advice though...go on a LOT of dates NOW because after the baby thats one of the things I miss most. I still go on dates with Dave, but not as frequently. Congratulations again!
Tori <3