Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Nike does it again....


As a student of advertising, I can't help but shed a tear when I see an advertisement this good. There are many companies in the world who try to keep up with trends, who pay research firms thousands of dollars to keep them up-to-date with what is happening with culture. What I love about Nike, is that they don't try to keep up with cool and innovative, they create it.

I absolutely love this ad, it is just beautiful. Also, as a father to be, I can't help but get the chills when I watch the images of the children playing ball and growing up. Cea and I always joke about Kaniela being a football player, and I always joke about how I'm not going to cut his hair until he is about 13, so hopefully he'll have hair like Polamalu.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the ad as much as I do!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is actually one of my favorites from Nike. It's incredible. Such a shame there aren't as many companies out there that are as innovative or trend-setting.

Rachel U said...

hi elder wunder! i love your blog! and this nike ad is so cool!

Rachel U said...

p.s. your wife looks so cute pregnant!

Anonymous said...

this is good stuff, keep sharing!

Anonymous said...

Nice Buddy, I love the concept behind this ad. It's sad that companies are usually too scared to be a forerunner in trend setting and inspiration. I deal with a lot of companies that think this way that come to my design firm for marketing needs... they always pass on what we feel are the ideas that are two steps ahead of the game...and go with something that is "just as good" as everyone else...it's so sad.