Wednesday, March 4, 2009

As you've been waiting with baited breath

I know, I know...I'm sorry. I missed a few days. I am sure that all of you anxiously got up in the morning and rushed to your computer to see the pictures...but to no avail. I have let you down.

Hopefully some of these pictures will make up for it. Kaniela has had quite to busy week. I'll let the pictures tell the story.

When Kaniella got up Friday morning, he could just tell that something was going on. It wasn't a normal morning. Daddy was actually around and hadn't gone to work. Mommy had four pairs of clothes for Kani she was stuffing in her bag (and that was only for the drive)...there was something different.

Kaniela got tucked into his car seat.
Was wished good luck by Daddy.
and fell right asleep. It's a good thing he did because we weren't sure we could handle a crying baby for 11 hours in a car.He would get up to eat, poop, get changed, and of course...play with Daddy.

It's a good thing that we bought Kaniela an iPhone...the trip would have been a lot harder to make without it. It definitely kept us entertained for the entire ride.

The reason Kani made the trip to California was because his cousin Carly was getting baptized. She was originally scheduled to have her baptism the weekend that Kaniela was born. She cancelled it so that she could come with her mom to help with Kaniela. After a long discussion, Kaniela convinced Mommy and Daddy that he needed to go. Carly knew that grandma was bringing her a big surprise from Cea and Kevin, but she had know idea that it was little Kaniela...she was so excited.

Kaniela got to meet his cousin Courtney...that was a lot of fun. His cousin Jess was sick, so she never got to carry him (sorry Jess, maybe next time). Kani also got to skype with his Aunt Mandee in Germany...he liked that.
This is probably Dad's favorite picture from the trip...I love his cute little outfit. We dressed him up for the occasion, and true to form, Kaniela was the cutest baby in the building!
After a long trip back, and a few late nights with Dad, things are back to normal and we're home safe. Kaniela enjoyed his first road trip, and he was an angel.

We hope that you've enjoyed our pictures from the weekend. We miss all of you and hope that everything is well!

2 comments:

Jacki Rich said...

YAY KANIELA! Can't wait to see you again! Now that we know you love road trips so much you will have to talk mom and dad into taking more of them. You will love to come visit Aunt Jacki and see the beach, disneyland, Hollywood, SanDiego Zoo and much much more!!! I'm sure you won't have any problem with that! LOVE YOU GUYS! thanks again for the amazing weekend! Miss ya!
-jacki

Mandee Shaffer said...

Oooooooooooh! I'm so jealous i couldn't be there! :( SSAADDD! But Kani looks sooo cute and it was so much fun to Skype with him! And Jacki, you guys wait for one year before you do all that fun stuff and I'll be there! Love and miss you!!!!
-Manna-