For those of you who have been following previous posts for a while will know that I'm involved in the BYU Ad Lab. When I try to explain to people what it is, I think that I confuse them.
It is a student-run, professionally mentored advertising agency that is built within our program and part of our curriculum at BYU. It is headed up by former advertising and marketing professionals, and they serve as our mentors. We network out to various advertising agencies, as well as local and national companies to do "advertising" work for/with them. Working with companies and professionals serves as a way for us to be "mentored" in our field of study.
Sound like a mouthful? It probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and people think, "Oh that's neat!" without fully grasping the scope of what the program does.
I feel super lucky to be a part of it, because it has allowed me to work with some pretty big companies and work on some pretty awesome brands. Here's a video that showcases some of the work that the Ad Lab has done in the last few years. I didn't work on all the accounts, but I did work on the NIKE one. I won't take credit for the art work, or the video, but at least it gives some of you a better scope of what it is that's kept me at BYU (It's sad...my little sister, who is four years younger than me is graduating with me). The video was done by a good buddy of mine...motion graphics guru for hire...he does freelance work as well...check out his site www.morriscreate.com.
BYU Ad Lab :: Demo Reel from Mike Morris on Vimeo.
Hope you enjoyed the video. I feel super lucky to be involved in such a great program. Thanks to all students who've come before the build it, and for the professors who work so hard on our behalf to ensure that we have a great experience.
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout out... It's always nice to have people promoting your work :).
Post a Comment