Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Think We're Figuring out this Parenting Thing!

I think that Cea and I are starting to figure out this parenting thing. It's definitely a day by day process, and we learn more each day, but we think we're starting to figure this stuff out.

It's been 7 weeks today since we welcomed our little boy, and he's been so patient as he is trying to teach his mommy and daddy about this parenting thing.

He's somewhat on a schedule. I know enough to take him to school, get him fed, change his diapers and bring him home in one piece.

And....best of all...we think we finally figured out how to get him to sleep well. It all started a few nights ago. Kaniela was having a hard night, and both Mom and Dad were extremely tired. Mom went to sleep, so I took Kaniela into his room where we have all his stuff as well as a bed. Being tired, I laid him on the bed and laid down next to him. The bed is big, so I was able to lay him down without worrying about rolling over him. End result: it was the best sleep that we had since he was born.

So against all good judgement and much warning from friends, we've caved...this is now how we sleep with Kaniela at night:


And just for kicks. Here's a picture of Kaniela's St. Patiela Day outfit!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

your baby is so cool. Thanks again for letting me hold him. He didn't smell too much like the classic baby scent...dont know why...

Mandee Shaffer said...

HE IS SO CUTE! AAHHHHH! I JUST LOVE HIM!!! I can't wait to hold him and love him!

Anonymous said...

With a newborn baby a good nights sleep is a welcome sight!!

Unknown said...

glad you were able to find a way to get some sleep... Sleep deprivation is not much fun at all...