This was the weekend of the Moab Half Marathon. We both signed up for it last year, but I had to drop out because of a snowboarding injury. Cea ran it, and she did such a good job. She trained really hard with a friend of hers, Melissa Pickett, and they had so much fun running together.
This year, we knew that Cea wouldn't be able to run because of Kaniela, but I was determined to do it. Training went well until about four or five weeks ago. Kaniela's sleeping schedule really got thrown off, and so I haven't run since. I was considering not running, or changing to the five mile run, but my brother Kelii convinced me to stick with the 13.1 miles.
I knew that it was going to be a tough run...running 13 miles is hard enough, but not having run for four weeks makes it way harder.
After a tough run, and about four miles of fighting pretty bad leg cramps...Kelii and I finished in just under three hours. Not an ideal time, but finished none-the-less. If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have stuck it out....thanks bro! I was pretty happy to just finish, and it is the first of many more to come.
Here are some fun pictures from the weekend. We went down with Kelii and his family, so after the run, we were able to see the sights and just have a good weekend with family.
Kaniela had a lot of fun with his cousins Emi and Kenji. It was so much fun to watch them all together. As you can tell...Kaniela has gotten far more alert over the past week.
Kaniela was hoping that Dad would finish a lot earlier. Here he is waiting not so patiently for Daddy to cross the finish line. Thanks for waiting bubba!
Kaniela wanted to say congratulations for finishing. Here I am taking a break from stretching to pose with him.
Kelii, me and Melissa (Cea's friend who ran it with her last year). She finished much earlier than I did, but some day I'll beat her...some day!
Here's our one family picture from the weekend. We enjoyed Arches National Park. Here we are at Balanced Rock.
Whatever you want to call our R&R. Rest and recuperation for Cea and Kaniela, running and resuscitation for me...it was a fun weekend. Now we're sitting at home, getting ready for the week....boo hoo!
2 comments:
glad you had a great time. Moab is awesome. Everyone needs a little R n R...
Wow Kevin!!! I am proud of you for finishing the half marathon. Great job!!! 3 hours is a lot better than I could ever do!
Post a Comment