Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Wunder Weekly Update

What a fun week it has been in our family. Our little Kaniela continues to grow, and is getting bigger and bigger, and cuter and cuter. He continues to make life busy, but mom and dad are loving every second of being parents.

I never realized how busy life could get when you have a kid. You get so involved and so much is happening that it just seems like everyday flies by. In fact, this week I've been so busy that between work, school, parenting and husbanding, I spaced a midterm that I was supposed to take...15% of your grade gone doesn't put you at too much of a disadvantage does it? The three nights that I was supposed to take it, I worked from about 9-7, and a circumcised baby that I was so occupied trying to help take care of that I completely spaced taking the test.

Cea is enjoying her time with Kaniela at home, and is such a great mother...motherhood has come so instinctively to her, it's really beautiful.

Here are some fun pictures from today that I feel are very representative of our week.

Kaniela is a major cuddler. If he's ever fussy, or crying, the way to calm him down is to cuddle him. He loves laying on your chest, and loves "natural movement" breathing and walking for example. He doesn't do it so much with mom, but when he's on dad's chest, he loves to grab my shirt collar and hold on to it...we think it's kind of a security thing.

He's starting to stake his claim around the house. What's his is his. When he's awake and you give him his pacifier, he'll almost immediately grab it and hold on to it so that it won't fall out and he deters you from grabbing it.

He is spending more and more time awake during the day. One thing that daddy is very happy about, is that one of his "awake" times is from about 7-9 or so...right when I get home from work. You can tell that he is exploring the world he lives in and is very curious about what is around him. He is also more aware when others are around, and it is fun to watch him react to you when you talk with him.

Here's another shot of a happy mother and her cute little boy.

This is probably my favorite picture from the day. Kaniela really has a fun and loving personality. We've always felt that, even from when he was still chillin in the womb, but we are beginning to see it more and more as the weeks go on.

Again, thanks for always stopping by to see our little one. We hope that you enjoy watching him grow, and we're glad that you can all be a part of his life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my word !! He just gets cuter and cuter -- we sure miss you three! Love you -- mom :)

Jacki Rich said...

I Can't believe how cute he is. He is getting bigger and his face is fiiling out! I LOVE it!
The last one of him smiling is so dang cute! Carly and I just laughed and laughed
love ya-
jacki & Carly