So, I had my first big success as a coach today...if you can call me a coach. Our church has a basketball league for the young men (ages 14-18), and I'm the coach for the boys in our ward (congregation). Today was our "season opener". It's basically an opportunity for all the young men in the area to have a little fun and get out there and get some exercise. We only hold "practice", which actually just consists of us playing pick-up, about once a week for an hour or so, so it's not anything super organized.
Anyways, today we faced probably one of the better teams in the league (there are between 5-7 teams I think), and it was quite the nail biter. Basically, we were down by 6 with about 20 seconds left to go. After a quick three pointer, a steal and another three pointer at the buzzer, we sent the game to overtime and won by 5 points. You should have seen our boys...they were running around like they had just won the Super Bowl. I was pretty proud of them, and we had a great time. The parents were all so excited as well...it was really sweet!
Thanks to those of you who are following our little countdown, and hope that you like this fun way for us to update all of you on the daily occurrences in our "wunderful" life!
No comments:
Post a Comment