Sunday, January 4, 2009

27 Dresses...Shaffer Style!

Katherine Heigl you've met your match! Jess and I had so much fun playing "27 Dresses"... We put on a fashion show for everyone using all of her mom and aunts' dance dresses... And THEN we found the wedding dresses... That's when her Dad said it was over! :)

My personal favorite is Kendra's purple prom dress from 1990 prom! Jess definitely pulled it off!

Kevin's favorite was Jacki's "sweethearts" dress from the 80s. We were all laughing and Jacki said, "Hey now, when I wore it I had huge... shoulder pads!" There was an awkward pause as we all stared at her, eagerly awaiting her answer...it was pretty hilarious!

The best part is the little girls were looking in awe.. Katelyn asked what we were doing, so I said, "Playing dress up!", she excitedly said, "Big girls play dress up!?"

Thanks Jess, it was so fun to "play dress up" with you!






3 comments:

Kev said...

This is Cea's first official post under her own profile...I look forward to her doing it more often... I find her much more interesting than myself!

Ray said...

I thought Kevin had done the post for a second. "Wait - Kevin in a dress. . . . . " Hope you are all doing well and Jen gave me some more food for thought. Finished Outliers and am about 1/4 way through "Groundswell" - not too ground breaking so far but hopefully it gets better.

rubi said...

we did this at stanton's aunts house this summer with her daughters old dresses and a few of the cousins. it was so much fun.